Wednesday, October 26, 2011

10.26.11

"The Three A's of Awesome" Neil Pasricha

I have long believed that the key to happiness is appreciating the small things. If a beautiful sky or a bag or sour patch kids can't make your day, then how are you ever going to rise above the pressures and disappointments of every day life. I'm not saying that candy alone can cure heartbreak, but by trying every day to focus on all the little positive things that make our world colorful, we can become happier and stronger and more ready to face the real difficulties life trows at us. I really enjoyed this video, because it reminded me of something that we are so often taught in church. Though Pasricha doesn't bring religion into his talk, it reminded me of another bright light of hope I have to look to every day. When we no longer feel like the world cares about us, we know that our Heavenly Father does, and I have never turned to Him in honest prayer and not felt reassured that He cares about me.

Pasricha's ability to rise above the pressures of his life and throw himself into positive thinking is incredibly inspiring. I think if we woke up each morning and resolved to keep a constant check on our attitude, awareness, and authenticity (what he describes as the three A's), we would not only be happier, but we would brighten the lives of others around us as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment