Wednesday, November 9, 2011

11.9.11

"Music and Passion" Bejamin Zander

I love this man. Mostly for his hair. But also for his passion. I love passionate, talented people. Because I have never found my one true skill in life and have instead opted to be the best I can (even if that means being very mediocre) in as many areas as I can, I have always really looked up to the people in this world who have incredible talent. A passionate musician, dancer, singer, or artist is incredibly inspiring to me.

The thing I find most inspiring about Zander in this video is his intense desire to share something he believes in. He believes in the beauty and value of classical music, and more than anything, he wants to use his talent to share that passion with everyone he comes in contact with. It is clear that he has a great musical talent, but he is not stuck up about it. I think therein lies his greatest success. He can talk about music to those who don't understand it and make them feel like they are a part of it.

I think that is an essential part of leadership. If we could all find a way to share information with those we come in contact with, and somehow make them as excited about it as we are, the power of our influence would be so much stronger. Another lesson we can learn from Zander, is that to achieve true success, we sometimes have to abandon the step by step mentality and embrace the whole picture. Once we have a grasp on that, our drive to share it increases, and our passion becomes a force.

No comments:

Post a Comment